Rules of Ludo
The objective of Ludo is to take your 4 pawns from home (or yard) to the finish line going across all the board before the opponents.
- This mode is played in pairs (4 players) and with 2 dice.
- The team that takes all its pawns first to the finish line wins.
How to play Ludo
In their turn, each player rolls 2 dice and may move 2 different pawns if they want to.
- All players start with a pawn at stake.
- It is mandatory to take a pawn out if you get a or the dice add (for example +
- If you get and , you can take two pawns out in the same turn.
- You cannot take a pawn out if you already have 2 pawns on the exit square.
- If the player rolls a double (same number on both dice) they will repeat the turn.
- If the player rolls 3 consecutive doubles they will be penalized by returning the last pawn moved home. This does not apply if the pawn is in the target aisle.
When two pawns of the same color coincide on a square, it is called “blockade” or barrier, and block the passage of any other pawn.
- When a double appears, the player is forced to open the blockade. Besides, they can't make it up again during that turn with the same pawns.
- It is not considered a blockade when 2 pawns of different colors coincide (this can happen on the safe square) so other pawns can pass with no problem, but it can't be on that square.
It's a priority to take a pawn out than to open a blockade.
A player may “capture” or “eat” a pawn of another color if it is on the same square. The captured pawn returns to its home and has to start over.
- The player who captures a pawn must move 20 squares with any of their pawns at stake whenever it's possible.
- Pawns cannot be captured in on the safe square (squares colored or marked with a circle).
- If the exit square is occupied by two pawns and one is not its color's, the player can capture the last pawn that reached the square when taking a pawn out from home.
You are allowed to capture your partner's pawns.
Reaching the finish line
When a pawn has crossed the whole board of Ludo, it can enter the finish line.
- For each pawn that reaches the finish line, the player must move 10 squares with any other pawn if it's possible.
- The player must get the exact number on the dice.
- If a player already has all their pawns in the finish line, they can play with their partner's pawns.
Experience points and ranking
You already know the rules of Ludo. Ahora juega para conseguir puntos de experiencia , subir de nivel y mejorar en el ranking.
|Play a game||38|
|Win a game||63|
|Capture a pawn||4|
|Reach the target with a pawn||5|
Players who leave the game will not score any points.
Consigue monedas y experiencia extra al completar retos de juego.